Autumn 2009 in Barcelona is chock a block with exhibitions, concerts, festivals and theatre to cater for every taste. The boys from Depeche Mode make a visit to Palau Sant Jordi on 21st November, while Marilyn Manson is set to appear at the next door Sant Jordi Club on 4th December.
Other acts include Franz Ferdinand (5th December, Pavello Olimpic in Badalona), Muse (27th November, Palau Sant Jordi), The Prodigy (3rd December, Sant Jordi Club), The Editors (12th December, Razzmatazz) and Camera Obscura (9th November, Sala Apolo).
The Barcelona International Jazz Festival also hits town, running from 18th October to 6th Decembetr at a variety of venues across town. Highlights include Miles Davis, Jimmy Cobb and Marcus Miller.
Cinema is also represented this Autumn, with the Barcelona Festival of Independent Cinema (13th-21st November) with 250 films due to be shown. It aims to showcases a representative selection of independent film-making from the last two years with the goal of promoting new directors and little-known, original films from the current audiovisual scene; and the Festival of Gay and Lesbian Cinema started on 16th October and runs through until the 25th.
And the Miró Museum hosts Spain’s first retrospective exhibition of Czech artist Frantisek Kupka, with close to 80 works by the pioneer and co-founder of the early phases of the abstract art movement. The exhibition runs from 28th November 2009 to 24th January 2010. Meanwhile, MNAC starts to celebrate its 75th anniversay with an exhibition of Catalan art that includes Miró, Dalí, Picasso, Rusiñol and Casas.
Lastest posts in Events
- "Mientras los niños jugaban" premieres on May 25th - May 14th, 2011
- Catalonia's bullfight ban provokes emotional response [BBC] - July 29th, 2010
- Referendum on the future of Avinguda Diagonal - May 17th, 2010
- Snow brings chaos to Barcelona - March 9th, 2010
- Poker tour in Barcelona - January 15th, 2010
- Barcelona wins top spot in British Travel Awards - November 11th, 2009
- Barcelona Snow Show 2009 - November 4th, 2009
- Barcelona Boat Show 2009 - November 3rd, 2009
- Free Public WiFi in Barcelona - October 13th, 2009
- L'Any Cerdà - October 2nd, 2009
- Exhibition - Photography and Conflict in the first quarter of the Twentieth Century - September 18th, 2009
- Tutankhamun Exhibition - September 11th, 2009
- Festa Major de Sants - August 19th, 2009
- Festa Major de Gràcia - August 12th, 2009
- The Tour de France comes to Barcelona - July 3rd, 2009